20090929

Einstein's Religiosity?

I got an interesting email yesterday that can be linked with my discussion of an image of God that is equal to Nature. I just want to say that I understand very well that the catholic church does not appreciate my idea.

However, even if I'm not pretending that I can be compared with Spinoza and Einstein, it is interesting that some people gravitate to a religiosity with a God concept that can be compared with Nature. I decided on my view before I realized that the above gentlemen had similar views. Einstein actually said:

"It is of course a lie, what you read about my religiosity, a lie that is repeated systematically. I don't believe in a personal God which I never denied and discussed outright. If I have inside anything that can be described as religious, it is a boundless admiration for the structure of the world, as far as our science can elucidate it."

The notion, which seems to exist according to Richard Dawkin's book The God Delusion, that very intelligent people can have an idea about God is interesting. A lesser person like myself is not taken seriously when he arrive at an own image but when a serious intellect does so it becomes almost a proof of God's existence.

What the Pope apparently does not like is that I suggest that it is actually possible to replace the Christian image of God with mine without changing anything on top. It is like with Obama's health plan: "if you like what you have, you can keep it".

Inga kommentarer: