20090502

The relation between political science and economics?

My Swedish is probably better than my English but most of the people that might read my blog know English and thus I would increase the possible number of readers of the blog if I write in English instead of Swedish. Most of what I read is written in English and I don't get any comments on my blog so I don't know if anyone is reading it. For some reason I can't get information on how many hits I get on the blog and who is calling. I might as well practise my English from now on.

I wondered if Political Science is more biological than Economics? Found the following citation:

"The American Political Science Association was founded in 1903 and the American Political Science Review was founded in 1906 in an effort to distinguish the study of politics from economics and other social phenomena."

Have they moved back again? Political Man, Economical Man. My feeling is that there is more biology in Political Man. There is, however, a subject called Behavioral Economics. Now that we know that human goodness is a genetical trait it is reassuring to know that Harvard Business School teaches that the good wins out and that integrity is the highest of virtues. At least that is what professor Nancy Koehn believes.

The integrity question has been very important here in Sweden the last year or so. The virtue Koehn is discussing, however, is probably the integrity of a human mind. That a people stand for what they believe, that they are not robots.

Inga kommentarer: