20090825

Anna Odell?

Trying to read up on the case of Anna Odell who apparently have tried to create a piece of art by wallraffing at the acute psychiatric care ward. On DN.se kultur May 8, 2009, I read an article that makes me wonder if Anna Odell is not in reality psychiatrically ill, rather than a criminal.

Apparently she had been suicidal 1995 at the same spot where she acted insane recently. I would also ask the question if not a person that voluntarily tries to get placed away at a psychiatric care unit is not a little ill. I wonder why they did not keep her there? Probably she had loving relatives and friends that vouched for her.

It does not seem that Ms Odell have managed to find faults with the psychiatric care. She reacts against the bed where she got strapped up but this is for a patient's safety only. It is also impossible to administer a drug if a patient is moving about. My experience with ten months at Lillhagsparken closed psychiatric care unit is positive in principle when it comes to the personnel. However, I was treated criminally several times by TTDE operators but they are not at the ward. Block of salivation a whole night that forced me to drink all the time and an evening with tooth ache an other time. By the way, I got a feeling that the particular ward did not contain regular psychiatrically ill patients but rather people that had some problem with TTDE. Someone called it a "tukthus", i.e., a place which is used for punishment only. A place where medical expertise is not really around. Where the so called physician says you are there for an acute psychosis but you don't receive any medication. My conclusion was that I was twice locked up for five months.

As I pointed out yesterday the most interesting aspect of the situation that Ms Odell is trying to present is not what happens at the acute ward, which is only routine, but why the patient is taken in. Why the police is called and who called. This aspect is not treated in her "piece of art".

Inga kommentarer: