20090822

Preserve the Union

Fiscal Conservatism and the Soul of the GOP: An Interview with Rick Perry - WSJ.com: "As opposed to a federal and 'vanilla . . . one size fits all' government, the governor's 'goal is to have states compete against each other. I don't want to look like Connecticut, no offense, I don't want to look like Oklahoma, I don't want to look like California. I want to be uniquely Texas. And that's not to diss anybody else.'"

Texas governor Rick Perry, an old fighter pilot, make me return to the Lincoln's Bible that President Obama used for his presidential oath again. I don't understand what he is trying to do. He wants to compete with Montana? I thought America as a nation wanted to compete against EU and China. If the EU and the US splits up in smaller units, China will come to dominate the scene completely (if they don't split up too).

However, I find myself at a point where this dichotomy has to be settled somehow. Perry says "It's important to run the state. Politics will take care of themselves." I'm thinking of the difference between Reinfeldt and Sahlin today in the 8 minutes available of Reinfeldt's Sommartal. Sahlin has said she likes politics and Reinfeldt said what his sole priority was, the jobs.

One thing seems clear, if this is the soul of the GOP, that Obama better use his supermajority in Congress and not try to get something bipartisan together.

Inga kommentarer: